Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Hours: Monday – Friday with occasional nights and weekends required
Committees: Fundraising, Marketing, and ad hoc event committees
Located on the campus of Kaiser Permanente Santa Clara Medical Center, JW House provides a warm, comfortable “home away from home” for caregivers and families facing medical crises. Families and individuals from all area hospitals are welcomed to JW House for rest and self-care during the day or overnight while their loved one is in the hospital.
The Development and Marketing Director is responsible for the implementation of a successful fundraising and marketing strategy for this dynamic and rapidly growing nonprofit. Executes all phases of raising gifts from high net worth individuals, foundations, and corporations; creates successful private and public events; and oversees programs to engage donors at various levels. The Development and Marketing Director reports directly to the Executive Director and manages the Fund Development Committee and fund development employee/s.
Fundraising and Development
- Works with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to create and implement development plan, create a budget, and achieve goals set out in the plan.
- Manages and facilitates the Board Fundraising Committee.
- Leads and manages all fundraising activities including, but not limited to the annual fund drive, capital campaign, major gifts program, events, grants, and corporate sponsorships.
- Manages donor relations, communications and recognition programs.
- Works with Executive Director and Board of Directors to establish, implement, and maintain a planned giving program.
- Oversees all aspects of grant fundraising including writing grant applications and proposals, grant administration, and reporting.
- Manages Ambassador Program with Volunteer Chair to continually introduce JW House to new potential donors and re-introduce JW House to existing donors.
- Serves as liaison for Student Board and Young Professionals Advisory Committee.
- Leads major donor solicitation effort working with Board, and staff (as appropriate) to solicit and maintain a portfolio of major benefactors: foundations, corporations, and major individual donors.
- Recruits, trains, and manages volunteers to help implement development related initiatives.
- Oversees in-kind donation program
Marketing and Communications
- Oversee all external communications, including regular e-newsletters, print newsletters, collaterals, and social media.
- Networks and acts as one of the principal liaisons to community, business and civic leaders.
- Oversees JW House website, including utilizing professional volunteers and contractors for redesign and regularly updating content.
- Works with Operations Manager to design merchandise for sale and promotion.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to represent JW House and maintain good relations with donors, grantors, staff and volunteers.
- Highly organized project manager and able to multi-task.
- Ability to establish relationships with foundation, corporate, and major individual donors.
- Maintains current knowledge of fundraising trends and best practices.
- Creativity, enthusiasm, and dedication to the JW House mission.
- Good team player able to manage a small team and establish successful relationships.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel.
- Keeps accurate records to maintain integrity of donor database.
- Database experience desirable and knowledge of Exceed! a plus.
- Experience with volunteer management a plus.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Bettina@jwhouse.org.