Available Position: Family Services Coordinator (Weekend)
Reports to: Family Services Manager
Hours: 12-18 hours/week, primarily weekends and on an as-needed basis during the week
Wage: $20 per hour (premium for Spanish speaking)
A part-time hourly position reporting to the Family Services Manager (FSM), the Family Services Coordinator (FSC) is responsible for assisting the FSM with supporting the guest families and coordinating the family services offered by JW House, primarily on weekends and on an as-needed basis for weekdays. During assigned shifts, the FSC oversees all admissions to JW House for overnight and day use services, and is responsible for implementing and enforcing house rules, policies and procedures. The FSC must also be familiar with all emergency procedures and systems. During assigned shifts, the FSC assists the House Operations Manager in overseeing the daily housekeeping and maintenance, and supervising the volunteers and contract staff.
- Oversees reservations at JW House and offsite hotels for all incoming guests. Works as liaison with social workers to ascertain family dynamics, special needs and unique situations.
- Prepares registration materials and carries out check-in and check-out procedures, processes payments.
- Ensures proper recordkeeping of all family admissions and protects the integrity of the family services database and information system.
- Helps maintain a hospitable environment for all families.
- Helps Development team collect or solicit comments, stories, and photos from guests for print and media materials.
- Assists in daily data collection and upkeep of Exceed database.
- Assists in scheduling of dinner groups/restaurants and /or donations for Dinner is Served daily meal program.
- Assists in planning and/or execution of supportive activity programs.
- Contributes to new program and services ideas.
- Maintains a well-stocked and organized pantry and supply storage area. Shops and orders supplies when necessary.
- Ensures the house is clean, safe, and welcoming for guests. Performs housework to support volunteers and contract staff as necessary.
- Assists House Operations Manager in volunteer training, scheduling and supervision as needed.
- Promotes an environment of appreciation toward all volunteers at JW House.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent work experience in case management, social work, or related fields
- Exceptional organizational, verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to represent JW House and maintain good relations with hospital social workers and families.
- Empathetic, compassionate, and an active listener.
- Highly organized; capacity for handling many and varied details simultaneously
- Flexible, diplomatic, trustworthy, poised.
- Capable of maintaining a supportive, cheerful and professional manner.
- Creativity, enthusiasm, and dedication to the JW House mission.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or Sharepoint.
- Previous non-profit experience
- Experience with volunteer management and/or facility management a plus
- Database knowledge and experience with Exceed a plus.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus.