Our extended-stay apartments are “homes” for families with a loved one in treatment at a Silicon Valley hospital for a prolonged period of time. With the support of our generous sponsors, we are able to accommodate 2 families at a time under this program.
**Overnight guests (regardless of lodging location) must be referred by a hospital social worker (see below).
Our 1-unit, 1-bedroom apartments can accommodate up to 4 guests.
- Convenient Location: 5-minute drive to JW House and Kaiser Permanente Santa Clara Medical Center
- Fully furnished (cookware and linens provided)
- Access to complex amenities including:
The extended-stay apartments specifically accommodate caregivers who require long-term housing of between 2 weeks and 2 months. Families staying at the apartments are encouraged to visit JW House for complimentary use of our Day Use and Dinner Is Served services.
Overnight guests must be referred to JW House by the hospital social work department.
- JW House accommodations are extremely limited and will be offered based on availability.
- Availability for extensions can be discussed as the check-out date approaches but is not guaranteed.
- Families in need of extended accommodations may request to stay at our single-family extended-stay apartment.
- When the House and partner hotel rooms are full, referrals and extension requests will be placed on our Waitlist.
- Accommodations will not be confirmed until 3-7 days before the requested check-in date.
- We ask for $70 per night, however, no family is turned away due to their inability to pay. Other financial arrangements can be made in severe hardship and financial need cases.
Eligibility is based on the following criteria:
- DISTANCE - family lives 50+ miles from the referring hospital
- FINANCIAL NEED - low-income, unemployed, unexpected financial burden, etc.
- HARDSHIP STATUS - single parent, no car, etc.
- SEVERITY OF PATIENT ILLNESS - NICU, PICU, Pediatric, and Comfort Care cases are given priority
Hospital Social Services Information:
- CHONC Pediatric Hospital: (408)-558-3642
- El Camino Care Mountain View: (650)-940-7300
- El Camino Care Los Gatos: (408)-378-6131
- Kaiser Permanente Santa Clara: (408)-851-7080
- Regional Medical Center: (669)-313-7339 (Before 2pm), (669)-313-6184 (After 2pm)
- Santa Clara Valley Medical: (408)-885-5504
- Stanford: (650)-723-5091 (Case Management), (650)-725-4053 (Housing)