Located in Santa Clara, California, JW House can accommodate four families in our two studios (up to four people per studio) and two 1-bedroom suites (up to five people per suite). Each suite has a kitchenette, a full bathroom, and a semi-private patio space.
All families have access to our spacious common areas, which include a living room with fireplace, playroom, dining room, laundry room, backyard, and a large kitchen stocked with snacks and basic ingredients to prepare a meal.
**Overnight guests (regardless of lodging location) must be referred by a hospital social worker (see below).
Overnight guests must be referred to JW House by the hospital social work department.
- JW House accommodations are extremely limited and will be offered based on availability.
- Availability for extensions can be discussed as the check-out date approaches but is not guaranteed.
- Families in need of extended accommodations may request to stay at our single-family extended-stay apartment.
- When the House and partner hotel rooms are full, referrals and extension requests will be placed on our Waitlist.
- Accommodations will not be confirmed until 3-7 days before the requested check-in date.
- We ask for $70 per night, however, no family is turned away due to their inability to pay. Other financial arrangements can be made in severe hardship and financial need cases.
Eligibility is based on the following criteria:
- DISTANCE - family lives 50+ miles from the referring hospital
- FINANCIAL NEED - low-income, unemployed, unexpected financial burden, etc.
- HARDSHIP STATUS - single parent, no car, etc.
- SEVERITY OF PATIENT ILLNESS - NICU, PICU, Pediatric, and Comfort Care cases are given priority
Hospital Social Services Information:
- CHONC Pediatric Hospital: (408)-558-3642
- El Camino Care Mountain View: (650)-940-7300
- El Camino Care Los Gatos: (408)-378-6131
- Kaiser Permanente Santa Clara: (408)-851-7080
- Regional Medical Center: (669)-313-7339 (Before 2pm), (669)-313-6184 (After 2pm)
- Santa Clara Valley Medical: (408)-885-5504
- Stanford: (650)-723-5091 (Case Management), (650)-725-4053 (Housing)