JW House offers Overnight accommodations for families with a loved one receiving treatment at a local hospital. Individuals being treated in an outpatient program or in need of lodging the night before their surgery may also be accommodated.
Families approved for our Overnight accommodations are offered subsidized housing at JW House, one of our hotel partners, or at one of our extended-stay apartments. Placement at these locations is determined on a case-by-case basis based on availability. All Overnight guests are encouraged to visit JW House for our Day Use and Dinner Is Served services.
**Overnight guests (regardless of lodging location) must be referred by a hospital social worker (see below).
Overnight guests must be referred to JW House by the hospital social work department.
- JW House accommodations are extremely limited and will be offered based on availability.
- Availability for extensions can be discussed as the check-out date approaches but is not guaranteed.
- Families in need of extended accommodations may request to stay at our single-family extended-stay apartment.
- When the House and partner hotel rooms are full, referrals and extension requests will be placed on our Waitlist.
- Accommodations will not be confirmed until 3-7 days before the requested check-in date.
- We ask for $70 per night, however, no family is turned away due to their inability to pay. Other financial arrangements can be made in severe hardship and financial need cases.
Eligibility is based on the following criteria:
- DISTANCE - family lives 50+ miles from the referring hospital
- FINANCIAL NEED - low-income, unemployed, unexpected financial burden, etc.
- HARDSHIP STATUS - single parent, no car, etc.
- SEVERITY OF PATIENT ILLNESS - NICU, PICU, Pediatric, and Comfort Care cases are given priority
Hospital Social Services Information:
- CHONC Pediatric Hospital: (408)-558-3642
- El Camino Care Mountain View: (650)-940-7300
- El Camino Care Los Gatos: (408)-378-6131
- Kaiser Permanente Santa Clara: (408)-851-7080
- Regional Medical Center: (669)-313-7339 (Before 2pm), (669)-313-6184 (After 2pm)
- Santa Clara Valley Medical: (408)-885-5504
- Stanford: (650)-723-5091 (Case Management), (650)-725-4053 (Housing)