Presented by Prometheus Apartments, Prometheus Family Suite is an extended-stay “home” for families with a loved one in treatment at a Silicon Valley hospital. This 1-unit, 1-bedroom apartment can accommodate one family at a time (up to 3 individuals), and is located just five minutes from JW House and Kaiser Permanente’s Santa Clara Medical Center. The apartment includes a kitchen, couch, dining table, porch, and access to the complex’s amenities. Additionally, Prometheus Family Suite is fully-stocked with everything a visiting family might need, from cookware to warm blankets and pillows.
Prometheus Family Suite specifically accommodates caregivers who require long-term housing of
between two weeks and two months. Families staying at Prometheus Family Suite are encouraged to visit JW House for complimentary use of our Day Use and Dinner Is Served services.
**Overnight guests (regardless of lodging location) must be referred by a hospital social worker (see below).
Overnight guests must be referred to JW House by the hospital social work department. Rooms at JW House and our partner hotels are offered for up to 5 nights based on availability. If a family is in need of a longer stay, availability for an extension can be discussed as the check-out date approaches, but is not guaranteed. Families requesting extended accommodations may have the option to stay at our 1-unit, 1-bedroom extended-stay apartment, Prometheus Family Suite, which can house one family at a time. Availability at Prometheus Family Suite is extremely limited and is offered on a case-by-case basis.
When the House and partner hotel rooms are full, referrals and extension requests will be placed on a waiting list. Regardless, accommodations will not be confirmed until 3-7 days before the requested check in date. We ask for $70 per night, however, no family is turned away due to their inability to pay. Other financial arrangements can be made in cases of severe hardship and financial need.
Eligibility is based on the following criteria:
- Geographical distance: family lives 50+ miles from the referring hospital
- Financial need: low-income, unemployed, unexpected financial burden, etc.
- Hardship status: single parent, no car, etc.
- Severity of patient’s illness (NICU, PICU, Pediatric, and Comfort Care cases are given priority)
Hospital Social Services and Case Management Contact Information:
- CHONC (Children’s Recovery): (408)-558-3642
- El Camino Care Mountain View: (650)-940-7300
- El Camino Care Los Gatos: (408)-378-6131
- Kaiser Permanente Santa Clara: (408)-851-7080
- Regional Medical Center: (669)-313-7339 (Before 2pm), (669)-313-6184 (After 2pm)
- Santa Clara Valley Medical: (408)-885-5504
- Stanford: (650)-723-5091 (Case Management), (650)-725-4053 (Housing)