Families and individuals with loved ones receiving treatment at local hospitals, as well as outpatients, are welcome to visit, even if it's just to check email, make a phone call or just rest your legs. The House is open seven days a week from 9:30 am to 7:00 pm. There is no charge for Day Use services, but donations are always appreciated.
Dinner is Served
The JW House community provides home-cooked meals to our guests every night. All meals are provided by community volunteer groups, families, and generous restaurants. These nutritious meals provide caregivers and patients not only sustenance, but also time to rest with a sense of community support. It’s just a small return to normalcy that can make facing their family’s medical crisis a little easier. Get involved!
Due to COVID-19, our Dinner is Served program has temporarily been replaced by our Dinner Pickup program. We are providing complimentary contact-free pickup meals for families multiple nights per week. If you are interesting in reserving a pickup meal, please contact Jeanna at 408-246-2224.
JW House also accommodates individuals being treated in an outpatient program, or in need of accommodations the night before their surgery, who may be referred to stay with us. Overnight amenities include:
- Two studio apartments that each accommodate up to four people
- Two one bedroom suites that each accommodate up to five people
- Additional accommodations can become available through our partner hotels
Overnight guests must be referred to JW House by the hospital social work department. Eligibility is based on the following criteria:
- Geographic distance from the hospital
- Financial need
- Gravity of the injury or illness
- Families of pediatric patients receive priority at JW House.
- Families are generally guaranteed five consecutive nights at JW House.
- If necessary, your stay may be renewed based on availability.